Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Reloading (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Side-by-side: All 4 5-station progressive reloading presses! (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1221979)

UltimateReloader 05-18-2010 08:35

Side-by-side: All 4 5-station progressive reloading presses!

Hey all- I just posted this blog with a picture of the Dillon XL-650, Lee Loadmaster, Hornady Lock-N-Load AP, and RCBS Pro 2000 all lined up side-by-side.
Hope you find this useful!
Side-by-side: All 4 5-station progressive reloading presses!

XDRoX 05-18-2010 08:43

Cool pic UR. And that's a nice looking blog. Good job.

GioaJack 05-18-2010 08:48

XD...:

If you had bought a LNL instead of that blue paper weight you wouldn't have to be drooling on your keyboard right now... you could be in your loading room cranking out rounds like the pros.

Don't they teach you this kinda stuff in teacher school? :supergrin:

Jack

XDRoX 05-18-2010 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by GioaJack (Post 15315425)
XD...:

If you had bought a LNL instead of that blue paper weight you wouldn't have to be drooling on your keyboard right now... you could be in your loading room cranking out rounds like the pros.

Don't they teach you this kinda stuff in teacher school? :supergrin:

Jack

Sorry Jack, I've already tried the blue koolaid and like what I tasted:supergrin:
Plus that LNL looks sort of anorexic. I like a little more meat on my presses:supergrin: And it looks a little top heavy as well. I don't think it would be a good idea in case of an earth quake:supergrin:

fredj338 05-18-2010 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by XDRoX (Post 15315460)
Sorry Jack, I've already tried the blue koolaid and like what I tasted:supergrin:
Plus that LNL looks sort of anorexic. I like a little more meat on my presses:supergrin: And it looks a little top heavy as well. I don't think it would be a good idea in case of an earth quake:supergrin:

I'm not sure I should even go there.:wow:

GioaJack 05-18-2010 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by XDRoX (Post 15315460)

Apparently we have another example of flatlander math being different than mountain math.

According to Dillon, a 550B, sans dies, weighs 29 pounds. A substantial machine by any standards.

But wait... according to Hornady, the LNL, sans dies, weighs in at a hefty 34 plus pounds! My, my my!

Now, up here in the mountains our math reflects 34 plus as being greater than 29.

Wait a minute, aren't you a math teacher? We're doomed I tell ya... DOOMED! :whistling:

Jack

DrunkenParrot 05-18-2010 14:17

nice blog tagged

Colorado4Wheel 05-18-2010 15:04

I get it kick out of this stuff. LM is a 5 station press but it's 5th station is totally useless. Can't do anything on it that you can't do with a 550 because of the way the primer and powder setup work on the LM. Same goes for the RCBS which needs 5 stations to get done what any Dillon and LnL (with PTX) can do in 4 stations. Other then sounding cool it's kinda silly to call those presses "5 station". Neither can take a powder check die with out resorting to seating and crimping at the same time. To add a bullet feeder to the RCBS you have to do just that.