Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Conversation Between lomfs24 and Schabesbert
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Schabesbert
    08-30-2011 16:12
    Schabesbert
    Sorry I haven't replied in so long; I've been incredibly busy and didn't notice that I had a message.

What exactly are you looking for in a book? Something basic about the existance of God? If you're into cosmology, etc, I'd recommend "New Proofs for the Existence of God" by Robert Spitzer.
  2. lomfs24
    08-02-2011 09:58
    lomfs24
    Hello, my name is Rahn Abbott. I am contacting frank4570, Animal Mother and Schasbert. You three are the most respected by me on this subject. I am currently re-thinking the belief structure that I was raised in and am expected to believe. I am currently reading "Cats Have Wonderful Dreams", I have "god is Not Great" and have "Divinity of Doubt" on my 'to read' list. I am not ready to make the leap to atheism yet but am still in the middle ground of "I think there is something greater than myself but I don't think that entity, whatever it is, is represented by organized religion.

I am asking for a suggested reading list. I am open to any suggestions but please keep in mind that I am just starting down this path and am not really ready to get too buried in the really deep parts of the subject. I am looking for a 'primer' on both agnosticism and atheism.

You can reach me here or at my regular email of rahn at abbott dot net. Thanks for your time.