GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Damn it all...

Posted 01-04-2011 at 20:18 by Arquebus12

Mad at myself right now... Mrs. Arquebus is a careful cook and fussy eater. I don't mind the eating part, but while her cooking is usually very enjoyable, I knew I should've stepped up tonight.

A little back story: I'm not one of those guys what you see on television that bag a near record animal every time they go afield in pursuit of game. While I love to hunt, there is a huge disproportion to getting a kill and coming home without ever having taken a gun off safe, the result of...
Non-broccophobe
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4087 Comments 0 Arquebus12 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Combat Commuting and Precipitation

Posted 12-08-2010 at 17:58 by Arquebus12

Had an interesting drive into work this morning... my drive is most of an hour, the price of living amongst the corn and away from sirens, but I have a company vehicle that is a real perk. I was driving in some extreme cold (7 degrees), and there was some snow on the ground, just fluffy flakes settling like dust, accumulating here and there, and also dancing in the headlights as I drove.

It wasn't even close to being a storm, but all it takes is for one person of the right cautionary...
Non-broccophobe
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2722 Comments 1 Arquebus12 is offline Edit Tags
Old

American Dining Traditions and Thermodynamics

Posted 11-26-2010 at 21:54 by Arquebus12

My first attempt at frying a turkey was a rousing success this year. Not only did it come out great, from start to finish took less than an hour, down from at least 4 hours of baking time in a conventional oven.

I was concerned about introducing a dozen pounds of water based avian flesh into 4 gallons of 320 boiling oil, feeling downright leery of the violent reaction that was to result. And there was one, replete with boiling, bubbling, splashing and hissing; but as I had taken...
Non-broccophobe
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3115 Comments 1 Arquebus12 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Zonal Flow and the View from the Back Deck

Posted 11-24-2010 at 22:44 by Arquebus12

The air outside is in it's semi-annual turmoil. Vestiges of Indian Summer are being blown eastward under the uneven assault of late November winds. Shadows borne of slate gray skies exist only in the most remote corners, under vehicles, and in assorted burrows. Over night frosts are waiting for drivers in the morning, and I'm in the throes of buck fever, again...

The jet stream is dipping southward, turning the Midwest and Canada into meteorological twins. My summertime game of choice,...
Non-broccophobe
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1818 Comments 0 Arquebus12 is offline Edit Tags