Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Springfield Armory Operator 2 month report

Posted 01-31-2011 at 22:36 by bigghoss
Updated 01-31-2011 at 22:36 by bigghoss

back in november I purchased a SA operator. I've put about 530 round through this gun and it's cycled just fine however the pistol will just barely eject the last case and sometimes it will get stuck in the port or caught in the feed lips of the mag. I'm no pistol smith but I believe it's due to a bad/improperly tuned extractor. the problem didn't reveal itself right away but just today it became very bad. it's done this with the two original mags and two 8 rounch chip mccormick shooting star mags....
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2823 Comments 0 bigghoss is offline Edit Tags
Old

the gun is civilized

Posted 01-19-2011 at 20:44 by bigghoss

something I found floating around the internet that I thought everyone might be interested in

"The Gun Is Civilization" by Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret)

Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force.
If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument, or force me to do your bidding under threat of force.

Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories,...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1735 Comments 0 bigghoss is offline Edit Tags
Old

truer words were never spoken

Posted 01-17-2011 at 15:38 by bigghoss

By calling attention to ‘a well regulated militia’, the ‘security’ of the nation, and the right of each citizen ‘to keep and bear arms’, our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1242 Comments 0 bigghoss is offline Edit Tags
Old

letter to all elected officals in response to the AZ shooting

Posted 01-13-2011 at 20:51 by bigghoss

if you haven't yet you need to contact your elected officials and let them know they should not rush to pass laws as a reaction to the AZ shooting. below is an email I've sent to my congressmen and am planning to send to my state government as well. you may notice most of my last blog entry is used in the message.

Dear sir, thank you for taking the time to read this message, I realize you must be very busy. I'm writing this in response to the recent tragic shooting in Arizona. I know...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1722 Comments 0 bigghoss is offline Edit Tags
Old

shooting in AZ

Posted 01-09-2011 at 22:17 by bigghoss

I'm telling you right now. there is no law you can pass that can prevent a tragedy like what happened in Arizona and I promise you that any piece of legislature aimed at doing so will serve only to prevent honest people from defending themselves against those who seek to do evil and ultimately contribute to more deaths than it could prevent. If a person has decided to do something like this they will do it. some use guns; some use bombs; some use cars, knives, clubs, crossbows or airplanes. let's...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4158 Comments 1 bigghoss is offline Edit Tags