GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Old

The Ruger SR9C - Affordable, Reliable, Shootable

Posted 01-12-2011 at 12:45 by methodius

One of the more recent entries into the concealed carry market, and certainly among the more affordable, is Rugerís SR9C. It is a semi-compact version of their SR9 9X19mm pistol released a year ago this January. Real world pricing on the SR9C is in the $400-425 range before taxes and related fees. I have always had good luck with Ruger semi-auto handguns be it my MKII or the P89 I got for my father a number of years...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 35746 Comments 3 methodius is offline Edit Tags
Old

Pvt. Manning - He's Our Man

Posted 12-19-2010 at 17:44 by methodius

I was watching the news this evening on one of the networks. This is something I rarely do. I read most of my news rather than watch it and I will admit I get my news from a few select sites on the internet. The story tonight that struck me this evening was a brief bit about Army Pvt. Manning - the young man who released the documents on Afghanistan to Wikileaks.

In the story the news commentator suggested that Pvt. Manningís motivation for releasing the information he did was...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3954 Comments 3 methodius is offline Edit Tags
Old

A question for the blogosphere?

Posted 12-14-2010 at 21:08 by methodius
Tags guns, reviews

A little over a week ago I was loafing in the hospital (a place with which I have become way too familiar over the last five years) when I saw the ad recruiting bloggers for GlockTalk.com. It intrigued me to say the least. I clicked on the link and read the traffic requirements and what they were looking for. My mind began to race as I thought of all the different articles and subjects I could write about. A huge part of my career up until my illness had been writing and speaking. Perhaps this...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2097 Comments 0 methodius is offline Edit Tags
Old

Was Zumbo right?

Posted 12-09-2010 at 13:57 by methodius
Updated 12-09-2010 at 13:59 by methodius

I subscribe to a fair number of gun magazines. I have seen more than a few articles about “modern sporting rifles.” This has been a growing trend over the last couple of years or so. I have also seen a fair number of letters to the editor asking, “What gives?” Thirty round magazines. Bayonet lugs. Flash suppressors. Collapsible stocks. Nobody needs that stuff. Right? I use to think that way.

A number of years ago I saw no need for the average...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1517 Comments 0 methodius is offline Edit Tags