GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Old

Where are all the CNC Programmmers?

Posted 03-30-2011 at 10:21 by tokarevsvt
Updated 03-30-2011 at 10:22 by tokarevsvt

For the last few months I have been looking for a CNC Programmer/machine operator to work in our shop here at Safety Harbor Firearms. After I took delivery of my new Haas CNC Milling machine I thought it would be easy to find someone to do programming with Mastercam. With the economy in its current condition I thought there would be many people looking for work. Man was I wrong - yes there are lots of people looking for work but not many CNC programmers - least not in the Tampa Bay area. Aside from...
GT Sponsor
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2142 Comments 2 tokarevsvt is offline Edit Tags
Old

Having a crappy day - for real

Posted 03-14-2011 at 10:13 by tokarevsvt

Maybe today the weather sucks where you live. Maybe you stepped in some of your neighbors dog crap. Maybe you just like to bitch about stuff for the hell of it.

Stop for just a minute and think about having a huge ass earthquake, a wall of water and a nuke plant meltdown all before dinner. You think your life sucks - maybe it does in some smaller way but not on the same level as the folks in Japan.

This rant wasnt planned - it just happened. I have no direct connection...
GT Sponsor
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1349 Comments 0 tokarevsvt is offline Edit Tags
Old

Luck of the draw and I win - I think I did

Posted 02-25-2011 at 22:57 by tokarevsvt

It all started last weekend - It was my birthday and I did like I do often on a Sunday morning. I turned on the PC to see whats going on with the world (plenty lately) and check e-mail. After my mornings middle eastern dictator uprising report I moved on to my email. That also had alot of the same stuff but theres one that always sparks interest - the weekend sale from IMA (International Military Antiques). After going down the sale list one item caught my eye. Untouched P-1864 Snider type RIFLE...
GT Sponsor
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1359 Comments 0 tokarevsvt is offline Edit Tags
Old

Mirror, Mirror on the wall where are all the programmers?

Posted 02-23-2011 at 22:49 by tokarevsvt

We have been looking for a Mastercam programmer for a while now - had a few people come by the shop to talk about the opening but I just didnt get the warm and fuzzy feeling about any of them. Well I was just about ready to start running another ad when the phone rang today with a possible canidate for the opening. Through word of mouth he heard I was looking for a programmer. This afternoon he came by the shop to talk - things are looking up to fill the opening soon. Lets see what happens tomorrow...........
GT Sponsor
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1268 Comments 0 tokarevsvt is offline Edit Tags
Old

Last hour at the shop today....

Posted 02-22-2011 at 22:28 by tokarevsvt

The last hour at the shop today was spent test firing a few SHTF 50 uppers and SHF R50 rifles.Also included was a DPMS AR10 type rifle. Over the weekend I had a problem with fired rounds getting stuck in the chamber. After a good cleaning and test firing the problem looks to be fixed. Not having a chrome lined bore and having a bunch of surplus ammo to fire can only lead to one thing - rust - Yes I am not the poster child for gun cleaning. I have never claimed to be Mr Clean when it comes to my...
GT Sponsor
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1263 Comments 0 tokarevsvt is offline Edit Tags