Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

C-1, Chambered Versus C-3, Non-Chambered Carry

Posted 02-20-2013 at 20:40 by Arc Angel
Updated 03-21-2013 at 09:51 by Arc Angel

:) I am well-known on this board to be against most, but not all, civilian C-1 carry. My objection is to, ‘HOW’ a majority of relatively unskilled, and modestly trained civilians choose to go armed: To wit,

[COLOR="Red"][B]IN THE MOST DANGEROUS PERSONAL MANNER POSSIBLE![/B][/COLOR]

It is my considered opinion that far too many civilians are walking around all day long in C-1 when,

[COLOR="Red"][B]THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO NECESSITY...
Deus Vult!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3164 Comments 0 Arc Angel is offline Edit Tags
Old

PART ONE: How To REALLY Clean A Glock Pistol

Posted 02-20-2013 at 17:42 by Arc Angel
Updated 02-20-2013 at 17:55 by Arc Angel

:) I just finished spending a good 2 hours thoroughly cleaning both of my daily carry pistols: Currently a Glock Model 19(RTF2), and a Beretta Model 3032, ‘Alley Cat’. (My slides are each locked open, right now, so that the Sentry Solutions, ‘Smooth-Kote’ bore treatment can spend the rest of the day drying into a nice hard coating.) I don’t use Hoppe’s #9 anymore. I, and especially my wife, hate that ammonia stench; and, worse, the ammonia Hoppe’s #9 contains is known to have an adverse effect...
Deus Vult!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3236 Comments 0 Arc Angel is offline Edit Tags
Old

PART TWO: How To REALLY Clean A Glock Pistol

Posted 02-20-2013 at 06:03 by Arc Angel
Updated 05-11-2013 at 16:22 by Arc Angel

(6) FAIR WARNING! Unless the gun is in frequent (daily) use, one cleaning is NEVER enough. Wait a day, or two, and go back and clean that bore again with something like: Break-Free, ‘CLP’, Weapon Shield, or even Ballistol. (This is necessary because barrel steel continues to leech combustion gas and powder residue for several days after a gun has been fired.)

The important thing to remember is that in order to get your bore really clean while using one of these non-ammonia...
Deus Vult!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2770 Comments 0 Arc Angel is offline Edit Tags
Old

PART THREE: How To REALLY Clean A Glock Pistol

Posted 02-20-2013 at 05:59 by Arc Angel
Updated 02-20-2013 at 18:02 by Arc Angel

NOTES AND ADDENDUM:

(N-1) I follow the practice of cleaning out a well used (and coated) barrel within a day or two after firing it. Then I reapply the Smooth-Kote. I do this just in case the heat of firing and friction might cause the molybdenum disulfide to become hygroscopic.

This is a precaution on my part. During the past five years absolutely nothing detrimental has ever happened; and only benefits have occurred from my use of, ‘Smooth-Kote’.
Deus Vult!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2506 Comments 0 Arc Angel is offline Edit Tags