Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Old

Choose One Or The Other: Guns And Ammo, Or Food?

Posted 11-13-2012 at 04:20 by Arc Angel
Updated 03-16-2013 at 08:03 by Arc Angel

I've stopped going to matches and, lately, don't even go to the range anymore. (The ammo is just too dear! I can't seem to bring myself to fire a shot - ANY shot!) About two years ago I started to get this wild idea that I needed more ammo; (I didn't!) so I began coming home with regular and frequent ammo purchases and, 'squirreling' the stuff away all over the house.

Recently things started to get tight; so I dug into the 22 LR ammo, (of which I have a lot) and began limiting...
Deus Vult!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 977 Comments 0 Arc Angel is offline Edit Tags
Old

'Three Quartering', How To Move With AND Get Around The Gun!

Posted 11-13-2012 at 03:31 by Arc Angel
Updated 03-13-2013 at 10:39 by Arc Angel

:) ‘Three Quartering’ … It usually starts with the gun side shoulder being turned away from an undesirable object of your attention. Good guys do this in order to protect or, sometimes, to conceal their pistol. Bad guys do this in order to, both, conceal their pistol, and - when the moment is right - to cover their draw.

The classic way to three quarter is to take one step to the rear on the gun side and, then, pull the weapon. The alternative is to keep the feet more or...
Deus Vult!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 870 Comments 0 Arc Angel is offline Edit Tags
Old

Do Any Of Your Magazines Rattle?

Posted 11-13-2012 at 02:30 by Arc Angel
Updated 03-17-2013 at 09:28 by Arc Angel

[quote=rudybunt;20094652]Why do my mags rattle when full? I have seen threads on this before; but I cant find them now. How do you get a full mag to stop rattling. I have a G26 with 4 mags. only one rattles when I have FMJ's loaded in it (10 rounder) take one out it stops.[/quote]

It all depends upon how the magazine spring sets when the magazine is fully loaded. Take two magazines apart, and mark each spring: one as, ‘good’ and the other as, ‘bad’. Then, carefully examine...
Deus Vult!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 478 Comments 0 Arc Angel is offline Edit Tags