Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Old

The Original Recoil Spring Test

Posted 11-13-2012 at 10:06 by Arc Angel
Updated 02-04-2013 at 08:19 by Arc Angel

Now, I know the following recoil spring, ‘strength test’ is, at the present time, largely out-of-vogue; however, if you really know your Glock pistol, it can still have relevance; AND, I’ve yet to see a genuinely weak spring get past this test.

Here’s the correct way to do it:

1. Clear the pistol. Check it. Close the slide on an empty chamber.

2. Point the muzzle in a safe direction and pull the trigger.

3. Do NOT release the...
Deus Vult!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2804 Comments 0 Arc Angel is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Glock's Trigger (Return) Spring

Posted 11-13-2012 at 09:44 by Arc Angel
Updated 02-04-2013 at 08:20 by Arc Angel

This is one of the most poorly understood and contentious topics on Glock Talk. Why? Because the, ‘missing link’ that causes a Glock’s trigger mechanism to reset itself, and allows the Glock to fire again, has never actually been considered in anybody’s explanation of how a Glock works that I’ve, so far, reviewed - Not even once! :freak:

Here we go: First, the often stated primary purpose of Glock’s, ‘trigger spring’ is to help you pull the trigger; AND that is how all the Glock...
Deus Vult!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2714 Comments 0 Arc Angel is offline Edit Tags
Old

How To Easily Remove Any Glock Magazine's Floor Plate

Posted 11-13-2012 at 06:11 by Arc Angel
Updated 02-04-2013 at 08:23 by Arc Angel

First, DO NOT cut the floor plate tabs off the magazine tube. Glock designed and put them there for a good reason; and, who knows, you might have to fight for your life someday with that magazine! (Over the years I've seen more than one magazine either, 'speed dump' or hit the floor in front of a shooter's shoes.)

You’re going to need a Glock armorer’s tool. If you haven't got a Glock armorer's tool, you don't need to spend 12 to 15 dollars in order to get one. Go to a place...
Deus Vult!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5874 Comments 0 Arc Angel is offline Edit Tags
Old

What Kind Of Gun Belt Should You Get?

Posted 11-13-2012 at 05:40 by Arc Angel
Updated 11-14-2012 at 08:34 by Arc Angel

These are the, 'must have' requirements:

(1) A 1 1/2 inch (dress) gun belt. (1 3/4 inch gun belts are only for use with dungarees.)

(2) A gun belt that is 2 inches longer than you would normally wear. This will give you the option of carrying IWB/ITB.

(3) A gun belt with a 7 hole rather than a standard 5 hole tongue. (Same reason as above.)

If you go with one of the thinner, (dress) leather gun belts then you, definitely, want...
Deus Vult!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1904 Comments 0 Arc Angel is offline Edit Tags
Old

What Does It Take To Be An Atheist?

Posted 11-13-2012 at 05:04 by Arc Angel
Updated 02-21-2013 at 16:21 by Arc Angel

:headscratch: OK. What does it take to be arrogant, presumptuous, and self-amusing? Hmmm, ....... ? ;)

Most of what I know about, ‘God’ I’ve learned from the Bible. Some of what I’ve learned about God I’ve learned by following various leads, originally developed in my bible studies, to their academic and, sometimes, surprising conclusions. In obedience to the biblical axiom not to, [COLOR="Navy"][I]‘cast pearls before swine’[/I][/COLOR] I’m not going to discuss any...
Deus Vult!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 685 Comments 0 Arc Angel is offline Edit Tags