GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Old

How Do You: ‘Squeeze’, ‘Slap’, ‘Pull’, or, ‘Press’ A Trigger?

Posted 11-13-2012 at 19:05 by Arc Angel
Updated 03-12-2013 at 08:32 by Arc Angel

:shame: Nope! 'Squeeze', 'press', 'slap', or, 'pull' the trigger DO NOT mean the same thing; nor can these terms be (correctly) used interchangeably between either: (1) specific (and prerequisite) methods of firing a weapon, or (2) interchangeably among rifles, pistols, and shotguns.

The general consensus (with which I agree) is that you, 'squeeze' a rifle trigger; but, 'press' (or, 'slap') a combat pistol trigger. 'Pull' is an archaic term that is being used less and less...
Deus Vult!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1727 Comments 0 Arc Angel is offline Edit Tags
Old

A Forgotten Warning From The Glock Owners Manual

Posted 11-13-2012 at 15:48 by Arc Angel
Updated 02-02-2013 at 05:23 by Arc Angel

Page #5 - '[COLOR=RED][B]WARNING[/B]
THE PISTOL HAS NO OUTSIDE LATERAL SAFETY LEVER AND NO GRIP SAFETY DEVICE. IT IS FIRED LIKE A DOUBLE-ACTION REVOLVER BY SIMPLY PRESSING THE TRIGGER. FOR COMMERCIAL USE ALWAYS KEEP THE GUN UNLOADED. WITH THE GUN LOADED DO NOT TOUCH THE TRIGGER UNLESS YOU INTEND TO FIRE![/COLOR]’

Page #17 - '[COLOR=RED][B]CAUTION[/B]
DO NOT CARRY THE PISTOL IN THE READY TO FIRE CONDITION. THIS IS NOT THE RECOMMENDED SAFE CARRYING METHOD FOR...
Deus Vult!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2156 Comments 0 Arc Angel is offline Edit Tags
Old

Jeff Cooper’s Four Rules Of Gun Safety

Posted 11-13-2012 at 15:31 by Arc Angel
Updated 02-25-2013 at 06:17 by Arc Angel

[B]1. The gun is [COLOR="Red"]ALWAYS[/COLOR] loaded!

2. Never allow the muzzle to point at - or, even, so much as sweep across - [COLOR="red"]ANYTHING[/COLOR] you are unwilling to see destroyed!

3. Never put your finger inside the trigger guard until [COLOR="red"]AFTER[/COLOR] you have made a conscious decision to fire!

4. [COLOR="Red"]CLEARLY[/COLOR] identify your target, the target's backstop, and what is...
Deus Vult!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1483 Comments 0 Arc Angel is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Glock's, 'Gold-Colored Grease'

Posted 11-13-2012 at 09:54 by Arc Angel
Updated 02-04-2013 at 07:18 by Arc Angel

So, what is Glock's, 'gold-colored grease used for, and can you leave it on the pistol?

Ready? It's, most likely, Loctite, 'Fel-Pro' which is now known as, 'C5-A'. All of the copper-based anti-seize compounds are, pretty much the same; and, especially in a Glock, perform an identical function.

Top Glock used to sell, 'Fel-Pro' as the original, 'Glock Copper Grease'; but, depending upon what was available at the time of manufacture your, 'gold-colored grease' could...
Deus Vult!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3780 Comments 0 Arc Angel is offline Edit Tags
Old

School Reunions

Posted 11-13-2012 at 09:24 by Arc Angel
Updated 11-14-2012 at 07:12 by Arc Angel

Frankly I’m a little bit dismayed! I was recently notified that my old school is holding it’s annual alumni day event this week. I’ve never gone to any of these things in the past; and I won’t be going to the one that's being held this year, either.

As I mentioned to my wife the other day: You can’t, ever, really go back. You just can’t. Events like this one can, also, bring up as many unpleasant as pleasant memories, as well: Nobody looks the same; everybody looks older,...
Deus Vult!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 670 Comments 0 Arc Angel is offline Edit Tags