SIGN-UP
Notices

Old

What is situtational awarness

Posted 10-08-2011 at 11:34 by RussP

This is a good thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by voomie View Post
I recently began exercising my 2nd amendment rights by purchasing a g17 rtf2. I am currently practicing my marksmanship at the local range before I go get my ccw. In addition to being able to use my firearm for defense, I want to train myself so I wont need to use it. I have heard a term called situational awareness but I am not sure what it means. Also I am curious on how does one go about spotting ccer's and plain clothes cop/security?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1423 Comments 1 RussP is offline Edit Tags
Old

Now THIS is the result of good parenting...

Posted 07-30-2011 at 09:56 by RussP

"Put me in jail, DON'T take me home to Momma!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty02 View Post
I remember the time my daughter got caught skipping school by a county’s school police officer. I had to reassure him (several times) that I had never laid hands on her and promised him she would not be abused, just seriously punished.

During the ride home she tried to first negotiate being let go without him telling her mom, then it appears she expressed a preference to being arrested and taken to jail than her mother
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2126 Comments 1 RussP is offline Edit Tags
Old

Video: PO threatens concealed-carry driver with execution, beating

Posted 07-23-2011 at 10:06 by RussP

A comment was put to Sam Spade: "Folks like me perceive that this guy is not an anomaly, that the job attracts guys like this."

Here is his response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
This was posed to me privately. I've sanitized it enough to protect privacy; I think it goes to underlying concerns and ought to be addressed. Apologies in advance if the response rambles a bit--I'm composing as I type and the question is more complex than can be addressed with a sound bite.

The easy part: Are
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3753 Comments 3 RussP is offline Edit Tags
Old

That a bunch of gun owners are so quick to convict...

Posted 07-11-2011 at 06:45 by RussP

Interesting, very interesting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbedwiresmile View Post
Reading this thread, it's easy to see how lynch mobs came into being.

The day this verdict was read was a great day for America, even for someone as skeptical as me. Why? It illustrated that the state, which can bring vast resources against the accused, is still held in some check by the systems designed to hold it in check.

That a bunch of gun owners are so quick to convict another American based on what they heard on the news, with
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3094 Comments 5 RussP is offline Edit Tags
Old

How Do You Feel About Being Videotaped?

Posted 06-27-2011 at 07:49 by RussP

"If you're inept enough to get caught filming cops committing a felony..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
Ya know, we don't have a conversational history, so I don't really know your character. But I do know that you waltzed into the thread and led off with an assumption of wrongdoing on the part of LE, tying what you later claim to be a misunderstanding of my clear meaning to a snarky comment. So I'm going to invoke Big Boy Rules and give it to you straight.

If you're inept enough to get caught filming
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1551 Comments 0 RussP is offline Edit Tags