Important Notice: The site is currently being upgraded to a new software system. This process could take a day or two to complete. During that time, we are going to leave the site up here, on its old software. WHAT GETS POSTED HERE DURING THIS TRANSITION WILL NOT BE COPIED OVER ONTO THE NEW SITE, WHEN THE UPGRADE IS COMPLETE. When we swap over, the content posted while this message is visible will be lost. We wanted to give you folks a place to hang out and talk while we worked though. We will let you know when we are finished. Please pardon the inconvenience, during this transition.

Home Forums Classifieds GT Store Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

04/13/2011 a little steel

Posted 04-13-2011 at 22:03 by samuse

04/13/2011

I shot a little informal steel practice this evening. The gun handled great, I really enjoy the grippyness of the RTF2. I was running 5 shot strings on 8" plates out to about 15 yards or so, with a stop plate at around 25. Hits were easy, but I do think I'm going to swap my tritium front sight for a plain black serrated ramp.

Ran 200 rounds of 115 grain WWB. Not a bobble.

To date: 699 rounds.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1328 Comments 0 samuse is offline Edit Tags
Old

G-17 RTF2 first range trip

Posted 04-10-2011 at 17:07 by samuse
Updated 04-13-2011 at 22:02 by samuse

04/02/2011

I recently picked up a consecutive S/N# set of G-17 RTF2s. One is to be a range beater, the other is a spare I guess.

It performed flawlessly as anyone should expect. I fired it on the move, around cover, under the truck, standing, sitting, kneeling, one handed, weak handed, you name it.

It was a windy South Texas day and it got a little dusty, but nothing I would consider excessive.

I lubed it before the session with Breakfree...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1552 Comments 0 samuse is offline Edit Tags