GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Old

PART ONE: How To REALLY Clean A Glock Pistol

Posted 02-20-2013 at 17:42 by Arc Angel
Updated 02-20-2013 at 17:55 by Arc Angel

:) I just finished spending a good 2 hours thoroughly cleaning both of my daily carry pistols: Currently a Glock Model 19(RTF2), and a Beretta Model 3032, ‘Alley Cat’. (My slides are each locked open, right now, so that the Sentry Solutions, ‘Smooth-Kote’ bore treatment can spend the rest of the day drying into a nice hard coating.) I don’t use Hoppe’s #9 anymore. I, and especially my wife, hate that ammonia stench; and, worse, the ammonia Hoppe’s #9 contains is known to have an adverse effect...
Deus Vult!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3221 Comments 0 Arc Angel is offline Edit Tags
Old

PART TWO: How To REALLY Clean A Glock Pistol

Posted 02-20-2013 at 06:03 by Arc Angel
Updated 05-11-2013 at 16:22 by Arc Angel

(6) FAIR WARNING! Unless the gun is in frequent (daily) use, one cleaning is NEVER enough. Wait a day, or two, and go back and clean that bore again with something like: Break-Free, ‘CLP’, Weapon Shield, or even Ballistol. (This is necessary because barrel steel continues to leech combustion gas and powder residue for several days after a gun has been fired.)

The important thing to remember is that in order to get your bore really clean while using one of these non-ammonia...
Deus Vult!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2759 Comments 0 Arc Angel is offline Edit Tags
Old

PART THREE: How To REALLY Clean A Glock Pistol

Posted 02-20-2013 at 05:59 by Arc Angel
Updated 02-20-2013 at 18:02 by Arc Angel

NOTES AND ADDENDUM:

(N-1) I follow the practice of cleaning out a well used (and coated) barrel within a day or two after firing it. Then I reapply the Smooth-Kote. I do this just in case the heat of firing and friction might cause the molybdenum disulfide to become hygroscopic.

This is a precaution on my part. During the past five years absolutely nothing detrimental has ever happened; and only benefits have occurred from my use of, ‘Smooth-Kote’.
Deus Vult!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2454 Comments 0 Arc Angel is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Why gun control always fails..

Posted 02-19-2013 at 14:16 by TheJ
Updated 01-10-2014 at 03:57 by TheJ

The core reason gun control always fails to reduce violent crime/murder is because it effectively only negatively impacts the ability to defend and has practically no effect on the ability to attack.

Why is that?

Well, action movies and sensationalized news media not withstanding, it is an empirical fact that firearms are only one of an INFINITE number of tools with which criminals may commit attacks murder/violent crime. I don't mean that only in the abstract but...
NRA Life Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1178 Comments 0 TheJ is offline Edit Tags
Old

Wood floors vs dogs

Posted 02-13-2013 at 11:33 by xArcher

Dog urine will make a mess. Or for that matter, a similar amount of liquid that is not promptly removed.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 873 Comments 0 xArcher is offline Edit Tags