GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Old

Arizona in the fifties

Posted 12-10-2010 at 09:44 by Bill Powell (Bill's stories)

Some fo the people you meet growing up tend to stick with you. One guy who comes to mind was named George Tomas, son of Russian immigrants who owned a resale shop in Miami,
Az. George was not stupid, he could do his cyphers and write reasonably well, he was just a basic human being. About as basic as you can get and still function as a human being.

George joined the national guard some before I did and three of the four things I remember about happened while we were in...
Cross Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1599 Comments 0 Bill Powell is offline Edit Tags
Old

Overthinking with Crit: Zombie Flicks

Posted 12-10-2010 at 01:19 by Critias

Every now and then, I get distracted by stuff. Some thought flutters in between my ears and then sticks there, and when I'm supposed to be doing something else -- reading, writing, even settling in to watch tv -- I mull a thought over, smooth the rough edges like a clam with a piece of sand, and hope that eventually I get a pearl. Or, uhh, some other appropriate metaphor that combines a nagging sensation with a piece of jewelry?

Truth is, it's how I do my best writing. Not my...
Freelancer
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1910 Comments 0 Critias is offline Edit Tags
Old

Was Zumbo right?

Posted 12-09-2010 at 13:57 by methodius
Updated 12-09-2010 at 13:59 by methodius

I subscribe to a fair number of gun magazines. I have seen more than a few articles about “modern sporting rifles.” This has been a growing trend over the last couple of years or so. I have also seen a fair number of letters to the editor asking, “What gives?” Thirty round magazines. Bayonet lugs. Flash suppressors. Collapsible stocks. Nobody needs that stuff. Right? I use to think that way.

A number of years ago I saw no need for the average...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1517 Comments 0 methodius is offline Edit Tags
Old

Lubricating the firing pin on a Glock 23

Posted 12-08-2010 at 17:16 by kensington

I am new to handgun ownership, and the last time I field stripped my g 23 I put a dab of oil inside the firing pin channel at the rear of the slide. I realized that one should not do this with a Glock, and now I'm wondering if this will cause any misfires. This is mainly a home defense weapon, so I will not be shooting it on a daily basis. Any feedback is much appreciated.
Thanks!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3751 Comments 2 kensington is offline Edit Tags
Old

Combat Commuting and Precipitation

Posted 12-08-2010 at 16:58 by Arquebus12

Had an interesting drive into work this morning... my drive is most of an hour, the price of living amongst the corn and away from sirens, but I have a company vehicle that is a real perk. I was driving in some extreme cold (7 degrees), and there was some snow on the ground, just fluffy flakes settling like dust, accumulating here and there, and also dancing in the headlights as I drove.

It wasn't even close to being a storm, but all it takes is for one person of the right cautionary...
Non-broccophobe
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2533 Comments 1 Arquebus12 is offline Edit Tags