GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Old

Why Cops hate Christmas!!

Posted 12-22-2010 at 08:17 by Mayhem like Me

Well to understand the good you have to see the bad and here are some reasons we HATE Christmas...

Working on Christmas... If you have kids it sucks not being there for the whole day and having your family have to reschedule Christmas can be frustrating..

But the worst part is having to go to the Domestics where some prick Dad has decided that Christmas is the perfect time to get drunk and slap mom around in front of the kids.. now we come in and the State has taken...
Semper Paratus
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2431 Comments 1 Mayhem like Me is offline Edit Tags
Old

out with the old, M52/in with the new, International

Posted 12-22-2010 at 08:03 by Bill Powell (Bill's stories)
Updated 01-11-2011 at 18:35 by Bill Powell

When I was transferred to Germany in 1964 I was assigned to the 66th transportation company, of the 53rd trans btn, of the 37th transcom. The 66th was located in the Kapaun Barracks, Kaiserslautern. Being in the 37th transcom was as close as you could get to being in a civilian trucking company and still be in the military. You were assigned just the tractor, and no trailer. It was not uncommon for a company sized unit to run a 100,000 miles a month.

Now we come to what we were...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	id_m52_full_02.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	11   Click image for larger version

Name:	66th%20Trans%20Co%202.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	12  
Cross Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2740 Comments 0 Bill Powell is offline Edit Tags
Old

Who needs a Dr when you can just dial 911 and go to the ER.

Posted 12-21-2010 at 18:26 by dwhatley

With 10 years of EMS experience I have noticed a disturbing trend in the past few years. The majority of calls we are responding to are no longer life threatning emergencies. The system is overwhelmed with calls for general illnesses that should be taken care of by your family physician. Complaints ranging from nausea, fever, soar throat, diarrhea, and other common illnesses are in no way life threatning. And to make matters worse these people are calling 911, which activates at the least am...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1494 Comments 1 dwhatley is offline Edit Tags
Old

TOYS FOR TOTS, sad this year!

Posted 12-21-2010 at 16:52 by nightwolf1974

At a local grocery store,( two weeks ago ) I placed 2 Teddy Bears in the TOYS FOR TOTS box in the enterance of the store.

I went there yesterday and only the 2 Teddy Bears are in the box. I asked the store manager if the box had been emptied recently, and he told me no it hadn't.

I think it's really sad that nobody eles has contributed to the toy drive in my area at that store.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1119 Comments 0 nightwolf1974 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Why Cops love christmas!!

Posted 12-21-2010 at 08:58 by Mayhem like Me
Updated 12-21-2010 at 10:17 by Mayhem like Me

I was asked by my daughter why I love christmas so much and here are a few recent things that happended to make me a jaded tough guy love christmas...

Shop with a cop! we take some of the deserving families and take the parents shopping at Walmart so the kids have a good christmas, heck they have a great chirstmas as far as presents go, however most of the parents show up with the kids and have them pick out the stuff soo to them the cop in the Santa hat is Santa Claus cause...
Semper Paratus
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2344 Comments 1 Mayhem like Me is offline Edit Tags