GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

1. Old Comment

Using the Glock Magazine Loader

I found the easiest way was to insert one round by hand first so that the square edges of the loader do Not nick the surface of the follower
  2. Old Comment

The six o’clock hold

good day. just want to clarify some things. my G17 at 10 yards is POA=POI using center hold. does this also hold true from let's say 25-30 yards? or do i need to compensate for the bullet rise/drop? thanks very much.
    Updated 05-08-2014 at 07:12 by isxela
  3. Old Comment

Glock Trigger Combinations

Greenled,
    the Ny with a + (8)brings it way to high of a poundage, but if you must put your finger in the socket try it and it will end your questions.

I had to do that a long time ago with a Glock hating Range Master but it was over turned to a 5lb Plain or dot connector with coil spring now.
    A dot or plain with Ny or a minus with a Ny will work fine.
  4. Old Comment

Glock Trigger Combinations

thank you for the Glock 4th generation connector comments. May I say that the following sentence might be more easily understood if the single sentence was revised to two separate sentences, like this:

When the standard framed Gen4 Glocks arrived, it was found that changes made [to the Gen4] resulted in a noticeably heavier trigger pull using the regular 5 lb connector[.] The 'dot' connector was added to put the Gen4pull back at (+/-) 5.5 lbs.
  5. Old Comment

Trigger Control for Dummies

Thanks So much, Appreciate the information.
    Can't wait to get to te range......
    Will let you know the results
  6. Old Comment
  7. Old Comment

Use the Reset Luke….

Double action has nothing to do with second strike.
  8. Old Comment

Using the Glock Magazine Loader

The glock mag loader is great for an inexpensive, single piece of plastic, way to load magazines.

BUT I purchased an uplula because I got a good deal on it (it was $15 still in the box at a gun show) and it is a lot easier and faster. If you ever reload while at the range and want to do it faster, I think they are worth the 20-25 bucks, they are that much better than the glock one.

You still can't fault glock's loader... its a great design and works very well with no moving parts.
  9. Old Comment

The six o’clock hold

I've got the ameriglo 113's and was told they were not adjustable. But I seem to shoot low and to the left predominately at 25 yds. I'm waiting on good weather to go out shooting again.
  10. Old Comment

Thanks for the post. I recently read to pull the trigger as much as you think is possible *without* firing the gun. I do this and am surprised every time the gun fires (the trigger will eventually engage). After doing this with snap caps, I have seen an improvement. I'll try mixing the snap caps into a mag at the range. Thanks again.
  11. Old Comment

Sighting in for Dummies

If you want to figure out how far to move the rear sight, you do this:

Divide the distance in inches that the center of your group is off center by the distance in inches you are shooting at. Say you're off 3" at 25 yards. There are 900 inches in 25 yards. So, 3 / 900 = .00333. Now, multiply that by the sight radius of the firearm. On my Glock 19 that's 5.75", with aftermarket sights. So, .00333 x 5.75 = .01915". That's how far you need to move your sight.

Of course sight moving tools, or in my case mallets and job-made punches, don't have vernier scales on them. So this information can't normally be applied directly to the sight. What I do is set my caliper to the result I get and just eyeball the gap to get a good idea of how far to move the sight. I also mark the starting point on both sides with a very sharp pencil so I have some idea of how far I've moved the sight. By comparing the distance between the side of the sight and the pencil mark on the slide to the gap in my caliper, I can get pretty darn good results.
  12. Old Comment
  13. Old Comment

Butch I've been reading all your blogs today (post Lexington GSSF match). Wish I had seen all this info before. Thanks for all the info!!!!!!
  14. Old Comment

Butch,

Many thanks, this will help my technique alot.

Chris
  15. Old Comment
  16. Old Comment

thanks for the info , I'm a dummy .... in the learning process .
  17. Old Comment

How does a Glock work?

Great info in your blog Butch, thanks!
  18. Old Comment

How does a Glock work?

The Team Glock site has great illustrations on this.

http://us.glock.com/technology/safe-action
  19. Old Comment

GAPophobia

Uglier than home made sin!!!! Best looking revolver of all time - the Colt SAA Mod 1873P (4.75" barrel)
  20. Old Comment

GAPophobia

Quote:
    Originally Posted by giant_pita View Comment
    .455 Webley? Even the brits who invented it didn't like that round and they were the ones who invented the ugly pistols to go with it

- low velocity of 650 ft/s (190 m/s).
    - rated superior to the .45 Colt in stopping power in the disputed United States Thompson-LaGarde Tests of 1904 that resulted in the adoption by the U.S. of the .45 ACP cartridge
    So it's got that going for it...
    Yes I'm a little bored on the LDU

That is not ugly!!!!