GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Rate this Entry

People, without actually meaning it, say Im going to kill you!

Posted 02-07-2012 at 11:03 by RussP

Be careful what we say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty02 View Post
With all due respect Bren, there are certain things that should never be said by a person that is armed; that includes an officer.

People, without actually meaning it, say Im going to kill you! Often, it just an expression. At times it is said laughing as a joke, others out of frustration. Once I started carrying I realized it was an expression I could/should no longer use. I realized that carrying a tool that could do just that took away my ability to joke in that fashion, let alone when I was upset.

I would carefully proceed with an armed person, unknown to me, that told me they were going to kill me or execute me. I must remain aware that they might just mean it. Not something to take lightly, in my opinion.

Then again, Im an old lady so your comment may just fit!

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4322 Comments 1 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I'm in Georgia. That phrase is considered by law a "terroristic threat". I don't believe they care if you are armed or not. I know of people who have been prosecuted simply because someone pushed their buttons and they lost their temper and said "I'll kill you". I don't know if their lawyer got them off or not. Either way, I'm sure the bail and legal fees weren't cheap.