Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Rate this Entry

Glock 21sf .45 ACP for home security question!

Posted 03-16-2011 at 15:42 by Seanukkah

Should I keep my Glock loaded and with one in the chamber? Also what type of maintenance and/or round rotation should I implement if any? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

-Sean Adam Brandt
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3629 Comments 2 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    If you keep a round in the chamber, I'd highly recommend a holster.

As far as maintenance, once you clean it and lightly lube it with a quality gun oil, it should be good to go for years if it never leaves the house.

No need to rotate out ammo, it'll last indefinitely in a climate controlled environment.
  2. Old Comment
    Just make sure oil does not spoil the ammo, in this situation a little goes a long way. One in the spout, I certainly do, but I reflexively do not put my finger on the trigger until I am target.If you are concerned, then some sort of holster might be a good idea, like one of those that goes between the mattress and box spring. Rule # 3 is do not load the gun until ready to use it, and for a house gun, that is now. The problem with a holster is you basically need two hands to get the gun into play unless you wedge it in somewhere. Be sure to check at least monthly for dirt(lint) and corrosion, not much of a problem with Glocks....