Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Rate this Entry

Cops I've known

Posted 12-02-2010 at 09:18 by Bill Powell
Updated 01-11-2011 at 19:43 by Bill Powell

A newly graduated Ariz Highway Patrolman was never given his first duty assignment where he grew up. The reasoning was sound. He would not be influenced by family and childhood friends. The disadvantage this gave him was that we knew all the back roads and hidey holes and he did not. It was easy to escape the long arm of the law. But, the longer hew he was there the smaller our advantage was. Luckily, about the time he could catch us more often than not, he would get re-assigned and a newbie would come in.

We had one AHP, down around the Mammoth, San Manuel area that would buy us a beer in the morning. But, come four o'clock when he went on shift, he became the law dog from hell. His message to us was, "I'll buy you a beer in the morning, but don't even let me find you with one on the road at night." If he did catch you with one: well, today he would get arrested for child abuse. Back then if he thumped you a little for being a smart mouth and took you to your dad and your dad found why he thumped you, you were probably gonna get thumped at home. He was on Tales of the Highway Patrol once. Later, after my brother got into law enforcement, he use to office with him in Mammoth, Ariz. A thumping is "just to get your attention" type whacking.

Now, around my home town there are more cops than there are people. The Globe/Miami area was determined to be good training area so now there are brazillions of them roaming around.

No matter, the modern kid is screwed anyway with that "NO TOLERANCE" crap. My granddaughter was walking from one class to another when a kid shoved his hand up her butt. She turned around and cracked him upside the head. Done deal, right? She gets arrested, gets a ticket, and has to go to court, costing her mother a total of two days work, and a big fine, plus taking her to community service.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3856 Comments 1 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    let me start with Bill, i really enjoy your writings. that been said i'm writing cause you're a home boy and all.
    we sent my daughter to a very well-know/repsected church's pre-k program called bridge class(for children who never went to day care).
    my daughter had no defense system as she'd never needed one. she has very long wavy hair and this little boy was infatuated with it; then he couldn't keep his hands out of it.
    my daughter came home crying every day from this so i went up to the headmistress and spoke to her about it. she proceeded to tell me about how little johnnie is a precious child of God...so i told her that if that precious child touches my precious child again they will be renaming this place after my attorney.
    miraculously, little johnnie became infatuated with another little girl! i wonder what little johnnie will grow up to become with this wonderful group of enablers/street cleaners he has?