Notices

Rate this Entry

Gen4 Glock owners- if you own one please respond

Posted 02-24-2013 at 17:14 by throb
Tags g19 gen 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssevern View Post
Hello,

I've seen many, many threads here saying the Gen 4 G19's have ejection problems, and many people saying they work great. My dealer says they work great, and that the issue is history. I tend to think the issue is not as bad as it seems here on Glock Talk, simply because I suspect people are more likely to post regarding a problem gun. Before I purchase my next G19 and /or G26, I'd like to know how widespread the "problem" really is.

Let's do a quick survey. Gen4 Glock owners only please:

1. Which model(s) do you own?

2. Which fits your situation:
A. I have no problem with this handgun
B. I have ejection problems with this handgun
C. I had ejection problems, Glock (or armorer) fixed it, and it now rocks.
D. I had ejection problems, Glock (or armorer) fixed them, but it still isn't right.
3. Notes/comments regarding your situation and your thoughts on this issue.

Selfishly, I know your responses will be useful to me. I hope they will be useful to others also.

Update: Wow. Lots of great responses. Thank you all for responding, especially regarding an issue which has been beaten to death. It's good to see all of these opinions together in one thread.

Overwhelmingly Gen 4 is either not a problem at all... or for those with early Gen 4 purchases, updated parts have resolved the problem. I'm now TOTALLY confident in the purchase and am off to the dealer with GSSF coupon in hand.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3509 Comments 6 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    My GEN4 G 19 has been flawless with 350 rounds to date.
  2. Old Comment
    (1) Gen4 G17 (and a NIB G35 that hasn't been to the range yet)

(2) (a) I have no problem with this handgun.

(3) Runs like a dream. I MUCH prefer the Gen4 grip/ grip texture and sold my Gen3
  3. Old Comment
    1) G20 Gen4

2) (a)

3) Well, I've only shot 35 rounds out of it. So, I'll try to remember to come back and check after a few hundred more if you're still curious. I will say though, I wondered the same. I had a choice between gen 3 and 4. I then read somewhere that the earlier gen 4s did have the problem, and if you called Glock they'd send you a new spring free of charge. Newest ones are supposedly fixed out of the box.

That's what I'd read anyway, may or may not have been here but it gave me some comfort.

Perhaps just call or email glock and ask? I've emailed them questions before, got a response after a few days..
    Updated 02-28-2013 at 12:31 by Phases
  4. Old Comment

Gen 4 G35

Bought mine almost a year ago after I took the glock basic arms class, the instructor said that glock had addressed and fixed the prob. Ive also read that if it is having ejection probs you can clean up and do minor polishing on the engadgement surfaces of your extractor. Ive had no probs with mine 1000 plus rounds later its still running like a champ, only complaint is some ammo ejects striaght out of the top and lands on my hat brim.
  5. Old Comment
    Early Gen 4's had a run of defective springs that cause, among other things, some ejection problems. That problem was quickly rectified and Glock has all serial numbers of Gen 4's with the problem. If you call Glock, they will be able to identify if you have a series with the main spring issue and will replace it free of charge. Problem solved. G-19 gen 4, 10000+ rounds no malfunction of any kind. Have several.
  6. Old Comment
    Glock and Front Sight Training Institute
    I have been shooting for over 40 years with a very respectable skill level. Last Year I attended The Front Sight Firearm Training Institute in Nevada. I was not surprised that roughly 40% of the students use a Glock Firearm as their preferred choice. The training and experience was remarkable. It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or have skills that are superior; Front Sight Institute will make you better. I left there with much greater skill that I ever had. It is the Top Gun school of Firearm training.
    Shortly after my attendance, I bought a lifetime membership at Front Sight. http://www.frontsight.com/diamond-membership.asp If you would like to improve your skills or simply own a firearm, you owe it to yourself to seek professional training. If you would like to know how to become a lifetime Diamond member for 98% off the regular $15,000.00 membership price, less that the cost to take a single course, please email me at Artable@msn.com and I can tell you how you can have all the benefits for life for pennies.