Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Rate this Entry

Unusual weekend

Posted 12-02-2012 at 21:23 by shadow_dog

Wow, finally got around to trying to shoot a used Marlin model 60 I bought about 6 yrs ago. Yeah I know 6 years is a long time but I have weapons that I haven't fired in 30 years. Jam-a-matic. Reason being some previous owner had disassembled it and put it back together wrong. The ejector spring was not in the right place. Got it correctly assembled now. Thank goodness for the search feature on the internet. One might ask why a post about a Marlin model 60? Think about it... so many produced, and over such a lengthy period, these might be the Glock of 22 rifles. Yeah I know all about the Ruger 10/22 and have one plus the pistol version, the Charger. I have owned several Marlins and Rugers over the years. The Marlins have all been more accurate for me over the Rugers.

On a side note. Never let looks deceive you. Why? The wife and I went to the local Costco today. There was an author set up near the front door, signing books. I was going to go see who he was and what his book was till he ignored the wife and I. Why did he ignore us? I guess it was because we were not in our Sunday best. I was in a khaki long sleeve shirt untucked and jeans. Wife was in a jean jacket, tee shirt and jeans. He was asking passer bys if they were avid readers. He turned his head when we walked by the first time. I went back by a second time just to see if I was imagining what I saw. Nope, same thing again. Oh well, his lost sale. Dumbass didn't know that next to guns my next habit of blowing money is buying books and reading. Hell wife and I have one large room in our house set up as a library. Oh, the book was "Field Of Dead Horses", just in case anyone might want to know.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1045 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments