Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Rate this Entry

What Kind Of Gun Belt Should You Get?

Posted 11-13-2012 at 05:40 by Arc Angel
Updated 11-14-2012 at 08:34 by Arc Angel

These are the, 'must have' requirements:

(1) A 1 1/2 inch (dress) gun belt. (1 3/4 inch gun belts are only for use with dungarees.)

(2) A gun belt that is 2 inches longer than you would normally wear. This will give you the option of carrying IWB/ITB.

(3) A gun belt with a 7 hole rather than a standard 5 hole tongue. (Same reason as above.)

If you go with one of the thinner, (dress) leather gun belts then you, definitely, want a POLYMER REINFORCED internal belt liner. Not to worry, though! A thinner reinforced gun belt can be very strong. (I wear the heck out of mine!)

If you go with a tactical web or fabric gun belt then double-thick fabric should be enough; and a polymer liner inside this type of gun belt is going to be too rigid (and uncomfortable) for many people to wear all day long.

If you go with a heavy leather gun belt (a la, 'William Tucker') you are not going to need any kind of reinforcement. This sort of top quality gun leather stands up to considerable weight and wear very well on its own. (Again, I really like mine!)

Any of these different types of gun belts will suffice, and go a long way towards preventing your pistol from, 'patterning' and giving away the fact that you are armed.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1678 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »