Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Rate this Entry

What Does It Take To Be An Atheist?

Posted 11-13-2012 at 05:04 by Arc Angel
Updated 02-21-2013 at 16:21 by Arc Angel

:headscratch: OK. What does it take to be arrogant, presumptuous, and self-amusing? Hmmm, ....... ? ;)

Most of what I know about, ‘God’ I’ve learned from the Bible. Some of what I’ve learned about God I’ve learned by following various leads, originally developed in my bible studies, to their academic and, sometimes, surprising conclusions. In obedience to the biblical axiom not to, [COLOR="Navy"][I]‘cast pearls before swine’[/I][/COLOR] I’m not going to discuss any of my advanced studies in search of, 'historical proof' for the existence of God.

Instead I’m going to keep this reply as simplistic as possible. (‘Spiritual Pablum for spiritual children!) I’m, also, going to offer only scriptural proofs; these proofs are either accepted; or they are not. (Nothing new, here; men have been behaving this way for thousands of years.)

Christ said, [I][COLOR="Navy"]‘Ask and it shall be given unto you.’ ‘Seek and ye shall find.’ ‘Knock and it shall be opened to you.’ - Matthew 7:7-8[/COLOR][/I]

Christ, also, said, [I][COLOR="Navy"]‘If any man has ears to hear, let him hear, …… Take heed what ye hear: For with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured out to you; and unto you that hear, more shall be given; for he that hath, to him shall be given; and to he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath.’ - Mark 4:23-25[/Color][/I]

The other day I posted this:

[I][COLOR="Navy"]‘My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee; so that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; if thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; then shalt thou understand the fear of The Lord, and find the knowledge of God.’

‘For The Lord giveth wisdom: Out of His Mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: He is a buckler to them that walk uprightly. He keepeth the paths of judgment; and He preserveth the way of His Saints.’

‘Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity; yea, every good path. When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul; discretion shall preserve thee, and understanding shall keep thee: To deliver thee from the way of the evil man, from the man that speaketh foolish and froward prattle. Unwise men who leave the paths of uprightness, to walk in the ways of darkness; who rejoice to do evil, and delight in the frowardness of the wicked; whose ways are crooked; as they proceed frowardly in their paths.’ - The Book Of Proverbs 2:1-15[/COLOR][/I]

In order to be an atheist a person MUST continue to ignore all of the above scriptural admonitions. The Holy Bible, also, describes atheists in other ways: (1) ‘Stiff necked’, (2) ‘rebellious’, (3) ‘hard hearted’, (4) ‘Full of themselves' - (5) 'Ever learning, yet, never coming to an accurate knowledge of The Truth.' (6) 'Refusing to recognize from the highly visible evidence-of-creation at hand, the (actually) obvious existence of The Supreme Creator, Himself.'

The Apostle Timothy warned believers: [COLOR="Navy"][I]‘But know this, that in the last days difficult times will appear; for men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless and without mercy, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, cruel, brutal, despisers of what is good, treacherous by their very natures, reckless, swollen up with conceit, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God.’

‘Having about themselves an appearance of godliness, but denying the real power, thereof. Avoid such people; for, among them are those who creep into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions. Men who are always learning and, yet, never able to arrive at an accurate understanding of The Truth.'

'Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed the Prophet Moses before the Congregation, so too these men, also, oppose The Truth. These are men corrupted in mind and disqualified regarding The Faith. Be forewarned; for, they will not get very far before their folly will be plain to all, as were the sins of the two men who opposed the Prophet Moses.’ II Timothy 3:1-9[/I][/COLOR]

A man either believes in God, or he does not; but, not to believe, or not to act in accord with any such acquired belief, is to constitute oneself as an enemy of God!

Make no mistake ALL men - by their own universal and inherent, physical and psychological nature - MUST believe in something! Atheism, in itself, is simply another form of individually subscribed personal belief.

All such heavily segregated thought processes, also, require a very great deal of personal effort and (although misguided) acquired faith in order for each, so-called non-believer to be able to maintain his intellectually contrary and obtuse personal conviction(s).

True! Atheism often appears to be intellectually chic; but, atheism always remains as a strict function of the too easily confused conscious mind. Conscious intelligence is able to arrive at various conclusions in only one way: Highly imperfect, 'rational negation'. (Simplistically stated: 'A' is, 'A' because, 'B' is not, 'A'.) :rofl:

It is this very conscious mind that - historically - is invariably and completely unable to, ‘see’ God! Stiffen your neck, flatter yourself with your own personal wit, ignore all warnings (subliminal or otherwise) to the contrary, and your spiritual and intellectual conclusion is absolutely guaranteed by exactly The Same Being Who created the entire universe and all of the natural laws which are contained therein. You will finish out your brief sojourn in this often difficult and always frustrating world by, ……… GOING STRAIGHT TO HELL. ***

NOTES:

(1) *** ‘Hell’, a place of turmoil, frustration, unfulfilled dreams and ambitions, that is wrought with: agony, uncertainty, fear, and destruction. A place where, ‘the self’ (the soulful life force) becomes utterly diminished; and errant souls must begin all over again to, ‘climb upwards toward the sun’.

Man, himself, is the highest expression of, ‘the Intellect of God’ in nature. Why - ‘Why’ - would any sane human being want to do something this horrible, this arduous, to his own soul - ‘to himself’, in other words? If you’re going to save yourself, DO IT NOW because in this life, in this world, second chances are truly rare and difficult to come by.

(Remember Christ’s warning about, ‘the cursed fig tree' - The one that failed to produce fruit in its season! This parable applies to more than just the nation of Israel.)

(2) Think you're smart?

Sir Isaac Newton believed in God. Very few men are, or ever have been, as bright, as intellectual, or as clever a, 'deep thinker' as Newton.

Think you're smarter than Plato? Well, Plato was a firm believer in the existence of God. (He, also, believed in the necessity of a Christ-like messianic figure as being absolutely prerequisite to the salvation of men's souls.)

Are you wiser than King Solomon? (Not likely, huh! :supergrin: ) King Solomon emphatically believed in God.

How about the acknowledged richest man who has ever lived, here, upon this earth? Do you think that he believed in God? Well, ....... among other things, he wrote most of the Book of Psalms!

Before it's too late and the last of their opportunities for salvation passes, I think these self-assuming atheists who like to hang around Glock Talk and freely insult God really need to get their, 'heads on straight', repent, and earnestly seek God's forgiveness. Because, otherwise, not one of them is going to have, 'so much as a prayer' left with which to defend himself - Not even a prayer! :steamed:

ADDENDUM: I've got one more wake-up call for ya. Ready! You may be an atheist now; but, according to Sacred Scriptures written more than a 1,000 years before I was born:

(Are you really ready?) The moment the antichrist makes known his presence on earth, the very first thing he's going to make ALL ATHEISTS do is to loudly proclaim his godship from the housetops!

I doubt that I'll be there to see it; but, it sure would be, 'a hoot' to watch what all these, 'fine atheists' are going to do then! (I'll bet there ain't going to be no more internet craptalk about the existence of god - Huh!) :supergrin:
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 684 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »