GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Rate this Entry

Wounded Warrior Project Refuses help from Gun Organizations?

Posted 11-12-2012 at 08:53 by TheJ

Saw a tweet from Tom Gresham:
Quote:
Wounded Warriors Project just reconfirmed they don't do anything with media or companies involved with firearms. Don't need our $, I guess.

A short time later he sent out this:
Quote:
I'll stay with HAVA for helping wounded warriors. Gun folks taking veterans shooting and hunting.

Tom Gresham is an absolutely straight shooter and not prone to spreading gossip.

I found this shocking that they would be so bigoted against companies helping people exercise their basic civil right of self defense, that they won't do anything with them. I know I've heard/seen firearm related shows/groups/companies that were raising to help the WWP before. This just seems really strange.

Anyone else heard anything like this?
They have never replied to me either on facebook or my email, other than an automated response.

I did visit their website and found some information about their unwillingness to work with firearms groups/companies/media here:

Tom Gresham actually spoke at some length about this on his national radio show yesterday too. He said they will take money from anyone.. but they will not partner with or appear to in any way to associate with firearm companies or firearms media. Apparently, firearm people and companies are undesirable and they don't want to be portrayed as political.

Of course in their attempt to "not be political" they are anything but by showing obvious bigotry towards those who are firm believers in the protection of one of our most basic fundamental civil rights. They are in effect taking a anti-civil rights position.

I am sure they have done and will continue to do some very very fine things for our wounded veterans and I applaud them for that. However, just like if they were to not accept partnerships to help from pro first amendment organizations or other pro civil rights organizations, I find their stand offensive.

I certainly will no longer be giving any money to them. There are plenty of other less bigoted organizations out there to help our wounded veterans.
HAVA or Honored American Veterans Afield, for example.

What if they said they would not publicly accept help from groups/companies/media that were promoting free speech or anit- segregation?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1589 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments