Important Notice: The site is currently being upgraded to a new software system. This process could take a day or two to complete. During that time, we are going to leave the site up here, on its old software. WHAT GETS POSTED HERE DURING THIS TRANSITION WILL NOT BE COPIED OVER ONTO THE NEW SITE, WHEN THE UPGRADE IS COMPLETE. When we swap over, the content posted while this message is visible will be lost. We wanted to give you folks a place to hang out and talk while we worked though. We will let you know when we are finished. Please pardon the inconvenience, during this transition.

Home Forums Classifieds GT Store Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Rate this Entry

What is situtational awarness

Posted 10-08-2011 at 11:34 by RussP

This is a good thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by voomie View Post
I recently began exercising my 2nd amendment rights by purchasing a g17 rtf2. I am currently practicing my marksmanship at the local range before I go get my ccw. In addition to being able to use my firearm for defense, I want to train myself so I wont need to use it. I have heard a term called situational awareness but I am not sure what it means. Also I am curious on how does one go about spotting ccer's and plain clothes cop/security?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1690 Comments 1 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    [B] Situtational awarness is being aware of your surroundings at all times. If you are coming out of a store check the parking lot out before you approach your vehicle. To me it is like a sixth sense if you will. Being able to asses your [I]environment out and decide if it is safe. I am teaching my wife some of these skills now and ways not be a target. I tell her " Think like a criminal and how they will approach" , yes I know I may sound crazy but I have been to combat and don't really care what people think. I carry and I will avoid confrontation at all cost but I am always ready to defend what is mine.
    [/I][/B]