SIGN-UP
Notices

Rate this Entry

What is situtational awarness

Posted 10-08-2011 at 11:34 by RussP

This is a good thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by voomie View Post
I recently began exercising my 2nd amendment rights by purchasing a g17 rtf2. I am currently practicing my marksmanship at the local range before I go get my ccw. In addition to being able to use my firearm for defense, I want to train myself so I wont need to use it. I have heard a term called situational awareness but I am not sure what it means. Also I am curious on how does one go about spotting ccer's and plain clothes cop/security?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1267 Comments 1 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Situtational awarness is being aware of your surroundings at all times. If you are coming out of a store check the parking lot out before you approach your vehicle. To me it is like a sixth sense if you will. Being able to asses your environment out and decide if it is safe. I am teaching my wife some of these skills now and ways not be a target. I tell her " Think like a criminal and how they will approach" , yes I know I may sound crazy but I have been to combat and don't really care what people think. I carry and I will avoid confrontation at all cost but I am always ready to defend what is mine.