GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Rate this Entry

Now THIS is the result of good parenting...

Posted 07-30-2011 at 09:56 by RussP

"Put me in jail, DON'T take me home to Momma!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty02 View Post
I remember the time my daughter got caught skipping school by a county’s school police officer. I had to reassure him (several times) that I had never laid hands on her and promised him she would not be abused, just seriously punished.

During the ride home she tried to first negotiate being let go without him telling her mom, then it appears she expressed a preference to being arrested and taken to jail than her mother finding out and them bringing her home.

At first he couldn’t understand her fear if no corporal punishment would be involved. I had to explain that a month incarceration with absolutely no privileges and everyone’s chores for the duration of the punishment could easily be perceived by a 12 year old as a fate worse than jail.

Still, I would have not been opposed to the officer reading her the riot act during the trip home and explaining how some guy could have picked her up and we could have found her dead in some ditch after. No such luck for me in our case as she had managed to convince the officer that turning her to me would have been a fate worse than jail.

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2099 Comments 1 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    we need more like her... too many parents are trying to be friends then parents