GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Rate this Entry

thanks internet .... bye bye Suburban

Posted 04-20-2011 at 20:31 by tokarevsvt

In a eariler post I went on about new cars and no spare tires.....well thanks to the internet I was able to locate the "Fix & Go" on my new Fiat 500 - under the drivers seat. Now your probably thinking "thats were you shoulda looked you boob" and your right. Look where you least expect it.

Now today was the end of an era around our house - we sold our 1999 Chevy Suburban. That Suburban made many trips to Knob Creek, camping trips with my sons scout troop and family trips to New Orleans. It hauled thousands of pounds of stuff all over the place.
When we bought it in 2002 its 42 gallon fuel tank was filled with about $50.00 with of fuel. Now thanks to the fools we have in Washington DC its closer to $160.00 and rising. Even with the higher fuel cost theres not many vehicles that can do what a Suburban can do/haul. We bought a new 08 Suburban right before the ecomony took a shit. We kept the 99 since the dealer only was going to give us $900.00 - not a fair price for such a trusty steed. With all that said now I own a new Fiat 500 and something had to go - I hope it gives its new owner many more miles of good use.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2359 Comments 1 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I love the Surburban, Call it the ultimate vehicle. I have an Expedition though but had a 2wd 3/4 ton as a work truck for a few years. A 1991. Had a lot of real metal in it. Sloppy steering. Would love to have a new one.

Thankfully, I have the Expy paid off and a smaller car with good mileage also. The gas hurts but not as much as gas and a car payment.