GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Rate this Entry

Luck of the draw and I win - I think I did

Posted 02-25-2011 at 22:57 by tokarevsvt

It all started last weekend - It was my birthday and I did like I do often on a Sunday morning. I turned on the PC to see whats going on with the world (plenty lately) and check e-mail. After my mornings middle eastern dictator uprising report I moved on to my email. That also had alot of the same stuff but theres one that always sparks interest - the weekend sale from IMA (International Military Antiques). After going down the sale list one item caught my eye. Untouched P-1864 Snider type RIFLE w/ Short Socket Bayonet on sale for $270.00 - This is one of the rifles brought back from Nepal (if you dont know the story of these rifles get the DVD from IMA) Alot of the rifles they sell have been cleaned and gone through - Untouched means just that - still grimy/drity like found in Nepal. Even with the questionable condition I was interested for the price and I have to say I love these old British rifles. I did mention earlier that Sunday was my B-day and I really dint know what to say when my wife and kids asked what I wanted - I am not always easy to by for. A brainstorm / BINGO I got it!!! I would order my self the P-1864 Snider type RIFLE w/ Short Socket Bay untouched. Well after a couple minutes on line with the credit card it was done. The P-1864 Snider was ordered and I let the whole house know that I had bought myself a gift. It worked out OK since no gift had been bought yet.
Today was the Moment of Truth for the P-1864 Snider - drum roll please......................Taa daaa. The rifle looks great - no missing parts - no big cracks or missing chunks of woods on the stock - All the screws look there - cleaning rod included and the lock works good. I am really happy with what arrived today (thanks IMA) and yes cleaning is required. The arrival of a decent "untouched" real old rifle finishes off a really great b-day last weekend.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1359 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments