Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Rate this Entry

Last hour at the shop today....

Posted 02-22-2011 at 22:28 by tokarevsvt

The last hour at the shop today was spent test firing a few SHTF 50 uppers and SHF R50 rifles.Also included was a DPMS AR10 type rifle. Over the weekend I had a problem with fired rounds getting stuck in the chamber. After a good cleaning and test firing the problem looks to be fixed. Not having a chrome lined bore and having a bunch of surplus ammo to fire can only lead to one thing - rust - Yes I am not the poster child for gun cleaning. I have never claimed to be Mr Clean when it comes to my personel shooters. To make a long story short after cleaning and test firing This idea popped into my head about adding a quad rail to the DPMS AR10. For those who are not familar with the DPMS version it uses alot of AR15 parts including stocks front and rear. Now the only way this plan would work is if 1 of the 2 quad rails(2 not being used) would fit without major mods. First up the Knights Armament frontend - This version had a 2005 date - it was a no go. Second up a Surefire quad rail - it almost fit. After looking at it some more it seemed all that was needed was to remove about 3 inches of the heat shield closet to the gas tube. Thanks to air tools and a pair of needle nose plyers the Surefire quad rail fits. Yipeee - success - that setup sure dresses up an otherwise boring front end.

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1257 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments