Important Notice: The site is currently being upgraded to a new software system. This process could take a day or two to complete. During that time, we are going to leave the site up here, on its old software. WHAT GETS POSTED HERE DURING THIS TRANSITION WILL NOT BE COPIED OVER ONTO THE NEW SITE, WHEN THE UPGRADE IS COMPLETE. When we swap over, the content posted while this message is visible will be lost. We wanted to give you folks a place to hang out and talk while we worked though. We will let you know when we are finished. Please pardon the inconvenience, during this transition.

Home Forums Classifieds GT Store Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Rate this Entry

range report for the tac-sol TSG-22

Posted 02-07-2011 at 20:42 by bigghoss

Went out today to shoot my new .22 kit. As you'll see in the video I had problems with cycling with the low-end ammo and as I progressed into the better stuff it worked better but then I developed feeding issues, possibly a result of the kit being new with tight tolerances and it beginning to foul but I only fired about 200 rounds so I'm not convinced that fouling is much of a factor. The weather wasn't great or I would have stayed longer to try and diagnose the trouble. when I got home to clean it I tried working the extractor a bit and I noticed the movement was stiff and gritty. this may have prevented the case rim from slipping under it and contributed to some of the issues I was having. I may grab some rubbing compound and polish it and other critical areas if I'm still having a lot of problems next time out. If you're thinking about getting one of these you might want to wait a few months and see if they get the bugs worked out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEMKvGY-nag
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3972 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments