GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Rate this Entry

the second amendment

Posted 12-16-2010 at 19:21 by bigghoss

I got into a debate over the second amendment the other day (again). I'm not going to break it down and go into detail because if you're reading this you probably know. but for those of you who are interested I'll lay down some points and if you want you can do a little research which would be better than just regurgitating something some fat guy wrote in his blog.

-the first sentence of the second amendment is called a PREAMBLE.

-The reserve militia or unorganized militia, created by the Militia Act of 1903 which presently consist of every able-bodied man of at least 17 and under 45 years of age who are not members of the National Guard or Naval Militia.

-the bill of rights was written to protect preexisting rights that are inalienable

-a "well-regulated militia" is one that is well functioning and disciplined

-in the rest of the bill of rights if a right is an individual one it is directed at "the people" if it is for the states it will mention "the states"

that ought to cover a fairly wide scope and provide a good base. Glenn Beck's book "arguing with idiots" has a whole chapter devoted to counter points made by the anti-gun side. and if after all that someone can come up with a point that stumps you, I got free time and nothing better to do than shoot holes in it. I'm sitting at my keyboard anyway.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1587 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments