GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Rate this Entry

So, How'd Them Holidays Treat Ya?

Posted 12-30-2010 at 11:37 by Critias

Hope everyone's been having a good last couple of weeks, with their candle lighting, tree decorating, gift giving, dreidel spinning, or whatever else it is you've decided to do this winter (snow shoveling for many, I'm sure).

Mrs. Crit and I got our "big" gifts early (I got that Mossberg I talked about, she got a Dyson Animal Ball vacuum cleaner), because part of why we were buying 'em was to spend money on practical stuff for our home, as much as stuff for each other. It seemed silly to buy a home defense shotgun and leave it in a box until Jesus' birthday, just like it seemed silly for her to have to do housework with our heavy, old, vacuum while I had a Dyson squirreled away and hiding in a closet or something. So we just pretended Jesus was premature and got our big presents exchanged early, so we could use them if we needed to. So far the vacuum's been used several times, but -- despite having a mouse in the kitchen -- she hasn't let me wave the shotgun around very much at all.

We exchanged all our other gifts Christmas Eve (since we had plans Christmas day, plans that included her potentially having to work), and it's a fairly sedate affair, with both of us tending to just cherry-pick cool stuff from our shared Amazon.com wish list. Savvy shoppers, we two. A few books here, a few dvds there, a video game or two -- we keep it fairly inexpensive, buy the 360 games that came out a year ago, the dvd boxed sets of a whole season of tv for cheap, etc, etc. We just enjoy making each other smile when the wrapping comes off and I see a new book or she sees a favorite series, and then over the next few weeks following Christmas it's fun to see each other using and enjoying those gifts.

So...nothing terribly dramatic to report, lately. We had a nice pre-Christmas over here, a nice 20+ people Christmas at her sister's house (with all the nieces, nephews, great nieces, great nephews, etc, etc) with some tasty home cooked food, and that was that.

A little snow sprinkled across the holiday might've been nice, but, hey. I moved to Texas, and knew what I was getting into.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2088 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments