ACU Velcro [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ACU Velcro

ezterra
01-02-2008, 19:16
Has anyone tried to locate some velcro and thread to repair their ACU's? I've got several sets of ACU's that are just fine, but the velcros are trashed. I want to try and replace the velcro instead of having to buy new blouses. Where can I find velcro and thread for the ACU?

Thanks,
ezterra

GreenBeret1631
01-02-2008, 21:01
Has anyone tried to locate some velcro and thread to repair their ACU's? I've got several sets of ACU's that are just fine, but the velcros are trashed. I want to try and replace the velcro instead of having to buy new blouses. Where can I find velcro and thread for the ACU?

Thanks,
ezterra

Check this page.:

http://www.faster-results.org/Velcro.html

Bren
01-04-2008, 05:16

Thanks,
ezterra
At Ft. Knox they have repair kits at clothing sales that have all the velcro and stuff you need. Check your local clothing sales store.

.45greg
01-04-2008, 07:47
i hate acu's!

steelvipersedg
01-04-2008, 10:10
Doesn't every one.

sgtwunder
01-04-2008, 12:59
Repair kit , or cover up kit (if authorized) is the way to go.

NIB
01-05-2008, 02:02
But...But...this new ACU uniform was supposed to save us money by cutting maintenance cost!:shakehead:

AggiePhil
01-05-2008, 02:54
Supply Captain has foliage green milspec velcro in various widths and sizes. Go to the website below, click Store, then click Build Your Own on the left, then click Velcro.

http://www.supplycaptain.com

MOTHERGREEN
01-05-2008, 04:08
didn't they find out once b4 that velcro was no good?

Biscuitsjam
01-05-2008, 13:59
I've had all kinds of problems with my ACUs (seams tearing, stains, etc.), but I haven't had any issues with the velcro (other than it being loud as hell). Is there some kind of activity or environment that's causing these problems? Or, perhaps, the army has changed suppliers?

ezterra
01-05-2008, 14:28
I've had all kinds of problems with my ACUs (seams tearing, stains, etc.), but I haven't had any issues with the velcro (other than it being loud as hell). Is there some kind of activity or environment that's causing these problems? Or, perhaps, the army has changed suppliers?

It seems to be kind of hit and miss with the velcro. I have 8 sets of ACU's, and 3 of them have worn velcro. The main area is where the nylon tab that covers the IFF velcros to the pocket flap. The cover just does not stick anymore.

Unfortunately I'm on an Air Force Base. So the clothing and sales on base has very limited Army stuff. I will be heading off to Ft. Lewis at the end of the month though. So I'll check for the repair kit when I get there.